Tuesday, September 13, 2005

See What I Mean?

I read Ms. Ochman's very excellent site every day (I have it on RSS), and lo, my first chance to trackback. This is her post from this morning. I thought it very applicable to mine of last night.

LA Power Outage Brought Down Many Sites Including This One

The LA power failure this afternoon brought down my web host and the thousands of sites they host, including my site, this blog and my email for many hours.

It sure doesn't take much to cause chaos. Not particularly re-assuring, is it.

No, I responded, it isn't very reassuring, even if you did spend two hours in the garden this morning harvesting peppers and tomatoes. I'm not kidding myself that I have left the grid, or anything. I am still terribly dependent on all sorts of things I neither construct nor understand.

Cj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home