Monday, October 24, 2005

No Longer A Rumor

So it's not a rumor after all. Bush introduced Ben Bernanke today as his nominee for Fed Chair. He appears to be more qualified than Harriet Miers, which isn't saying much, but if I were you, I'd still be looking into food and water storage against future hard times.

Here's Bernanke's article in the Wall Street Journal from earlier this summer. It's not a bad read, and I probably ought not to make him out to be the Wicked Witch of the West. The general philosophy of central banking makes it really hard to have a fellow in charge that is a true Austrian, so I suppose I should just be glad he's being appointed by Bush instead of Kerrey. At least Bush has actually had a job. Well, okay, but he knows someone that has.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home