Friday, August 18, 2006

On the Way Out of Dodge

Just thought I’d toot the ol’ horn today. Scale measured me at 187 this morning, meaning I have lost 35 pounds since I began exercising last June. Essentially, that means that I ran my first 5k carrying my 6-year-old daughter on my back. Unbelievable.

Well, the markets digested poor CPI numbers and housing being in a “deep freeze” (see this post), that means that rates have actually declined to roughly where they were in March. We’re quoting 6.375% on a 30-year. I honestly didn’t expect to be doing that again until a few years from now.

We’re on our way to Oregon to spend an entire week with some friends, something I haven’t done vacation-wise in about ten years. I’ll probably blog while I’m there, but in case I don’t, we love you and we’ll be back in 10 days.

P.S. And yes, I'll still be working on your file. Nathan. Karen. Keith. Michael and Jodi. Jason. Brandon and Justin and GordonandSteveandOliviaandShaneandGiniandKelly. And Ben. And Rob. You know who you are.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so jealous, and proud of you. i have a goal in life, to run a 5k with you.....next summer?

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Chris! Running with a child on your back is brutal...particularly when the kicking in the kidneys start, or when they have to stop and pick flowers, get a drink, go to the bathroom, etc. :)

New goal.....
Complete a marathon.

I did. It's a blast.

You've got your own support team, too......should be a snap.

Sara

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home