Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ehics? What's that?

Wanted to make sure I pointed out a site I found linked from the What's Next Blog. The site is EthicsCrisis, and if you want some evidence that the world is going to Hell in a Handbasket, I offer this site as exhibit A.

There are examples of outright fraud, lying, theft, conspiracy, as well as more petty things like not reporting instances of the same, and even one or two - only two, that I saw - where the conduct is actually perfectly ethical. The confessions are anonymous, and some of them are certainly fabricated, but many of them are just too believable not to be real.

There are rating buttons below each one where you can indicate whether you think the conduct is Always Acceptable (1) or Never Acceptable (10), but I wonder about the ratings. All of the current average ratings are either 5 or 6. Either people really cannot tell anymore what is and is not ethical behavior, or the rating average mechanism is broken.

Maybe I'm naive, but I'm going with the latter. Surely we're better than this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison Wonderland said...

I probably should check it out but I'm scared now.

Hey, I awarded you an ... award. You're probably too cool for that kind of thing but I did it anyway.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home